Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday Oct 20 Day after Surgery at Hotel Mayo

Boyce had a really rough night last night.  No sleep and lots of pain.  One of the bright and cheery interns came in his room at 6:00 am this morning and asked him "so are you ready to go home?".  He said he wanted to kick him.  I said he should have kicked him and blamed it on jitters from the anesthesia still in his body.  He slept most of the day.  We didn't even know if he was going to stay, or go home, until about 4:30 pm when his urologist, who assisted with the surgery, came in and said he didn't look any better this afternoon than he did this morning.  We did get him up and walking a little this evening...after the nurse gave him morphine AND tylenol with codeine.  I've had morphine before when I had kidney stones, and I'm pretty sure I could've run a marathon, given birth to twins, and written a best seller while under its influence, so I'm not sure how much credit I can actually give Boyce for walking around the nurses station 3 times.  Anyway...when I left tonite at about 9:00 pm, he was running a fever and he had one of his migraines coming on.  They gave him meds for the migraine, and the fever.  He called me at about 10:15 and said his fever is even higher now, and they are going to take blood, urine sample, and take an xray of his lungs.  They're looking for pneumonia, infection, or internal bleeding.  I know I'm posting this really late (I haven't been able to post from my phone at the hospital), but please pray that his fever will come down, and that there will not be any complications. I may end up going back to the hospital tonite. I will find a way to update everyone earlier tomorrow from the hospital.  Thank you so much for all your prayers, visits, emails, texts, and phone calls...we love all of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment